We are looking to hire a Business Operations Manager with marketing and agency experience to help smooth out and optimize the day-to-day operations of our international consulting business. As a small and growing business, we’re looking for a dynamic and multi-talented person to help a little in a lot of areas. This position has excellent growth opportunity.
This role is 100% remote with a Florida residency and work authorization requirement.
The Business Operations Manager will assume many of the business administration responsibilities of Keyphraseology’s President & Founder as overviewed below, supporting team members and clients around the world by helping us keep our business in good working order.
Bookkeeping & Finance
- Use Quickbooks Online to review and classify transactions, complete reconciliations, and generate management reports.
- Manage account payable – monitor incoming invoices, verify amounts, pay and communicate with international and multi-currency vendors.
- Manage accounts receivable – Generate and manage invoices according to agreement terms, follow-up on missed payments, communicate as necessary with clients.
- Research and advise the business on AR methods like CC, wire transfers, AC direct deposit via bank or transfer services like Wise.com.
- Run payroll.
Systems & Processes
- Support Project Management and Account Management team members with redundant capabilities in various PM softwares such as Asana and Harvest.
- Lead security and access permissions for team members and clients across Google Drive, Last Pass, and other shared or sharing SaaS softwares.
- Manage the contract process from beginning to end (prep, send, follow-up for signature, file signed contracts)
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding all legal documentation prior to KPY signature.
- Lead a project to review our existing template agreements for employees, contractors, and clients.
- Manages e-sign software selection and solutions.
- Identifies and executes recruitment strategies with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Generates and distributes job ads and helps qualify candidates.
- Ensure business and employees are operating in compliance with state and federal employer/employee regulations and best practices.
- Support international team members with researching compliance in their respective countries.
- Manage 401K documentation, communication, and team utilization.
- Manage and communicate health insurance benefits.
Financial & Legal
- Collaborating with relevant parties to create a budget.
- Responsible for payroll and overseeing accounting, and bank processes. You will be required to assist with company tax.
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way.
- Helping the company remain legally compliant.
- Reviews client projects, budgets, and expenses monthly to ensure profitability.
- Contributes to the new client proposal process to ensure that cost/effort are aligned.
- Work with Account Managers to monitor client utilization of budget to ensure ongoing value.
- Keeps a keen eye on agency expenses and looks for ways to optimize spend.
Skills & Attributes
- Innovative, problem-solving mindset. Ideally, you are intellectually curious, great at research, and skilled at coming up with creative solutions.
- Upholds an inclusive, global mindset.
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills. Secondary language skills are greatly valued.
- Strategic and analytical thinking.
- Confident, genuine, kind, and consistent when speaking to and working with the most senior global CEO to the most junior team member.
- Bookkeeping and accounting experience. Quickbooks Online preferred.
- Budgeting. Forecasting.
- Must be confident reviewing contracts, service level agreements, NDAs etc.
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Entrepreneurship, or Finance strongly preferred. Exceptional on-the-job experience will be considered.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Strong marketing knowledge.
- Agency and knowledge-worker type business model experience is preferred.
- Flexible schedule.
- Wonderful, friendly, and diverse teammates and clients around the world.
- HRA – Health expense reimbursement program.
- 401K – Employer-sponsored retirement plan with generous matching.
Keyphraseology is a boutique consultancy with a deep specialization in the influence of the digital information spaces, especially SEO. From multinational consumer brands to public-facing individuals, Keyphraseology channels the power of nuanced search engine algorithms, digital assets, social media influence, and other digital channels to help our clients achieve their desired presence online.
With team members and clients dotting the globe in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa we bring the best digital marketing minds to the job at hand, offering expertise and support across an ever-growing list of geographies and languages.
We work hard to honor and support the individuals who work with us. We’re multi-national, multi-racial, multi-lingual, woman-owned, age-agnostic and diverse in our lifestyles. We are built on diversity, engagement and inclusion, unlocking our ability to solve problems through different perspectives and lived experiences. Keyphraseology has developed an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all and differences are supported and celebrated. We can’t wait to meet you and discover what makes you unique.